Mold spores are microscopic and can be found virtually anywhere, but they thrive the most and grow quickly in areas where moisture is present. In most instances these spores can be spotted out in the open, such as on the ceiling above your shower or under a sink. Fortunately for the property owner, this usually means a non-invasive mold inspection can be conducted visually to confirm whether the mold is confined to one space or if it has spread. Our experienced home inspectors are experts at mold testing in Michigan. They’ll inspect your entire home to determine if mold is present.
Haven’t noticed any spores? That doesn’t mean they aren’t there. We suggest calling on MichiganPro for a mold inspection if the following circumstances apply to you:
- Water damage has occurred
- If your home has endured a leaky roof, broken pipes, flooding due to inclement weather, etc., the affected areas took a few days to dry out. That’s plenty of time for the moisture to settle and invite mold growth.
- If you are purchasing a new home
- You don’t know if this home has ever experienced water damage and to what extent. Just because you don’t see any red flags doesn’t mean they aren’t hiding. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- After mold testing and remediation
- Even after mold has been confirmed through testing and a remediation plan has been carried out, we would still highly suggest investing in a mold inspection to confirm that the removal company was able to get it all.
Studies have revealed that more than 50 percent of American homes have some level of mold in them, so it certainly wouldn’t hurt to have your home or a home that you’re planning to buy tested. Mold inspection and mold testing services from MichiganPro Home Inspections will give you peace of mind and allow you to rest easy knowing that your home is clear, and your family is not exposed to its negative effects.
Contact MichiganPro Home Inspections at 800-470-7938 today to arrange to have mold inspection completed on its own or as part of a standard home inspection. Mold testing in Michigan is extremely important to your health and requires expert attention. With nearly 100 years of collective experience behind us, our experts are sure to get to the bottom of your mold problem.